Actopolis-City: Ankara / Mardin
Seçkin Aydın, (1980) is a Kurdish artist and academic. He studied B.C. Painting, B.C. Sociology. MA: Art Educ., MFA: Costume and Textile Design. He has a Ph.D in Art, and he is studying for a PhD. in Media, Culture and Urban Studies. Seçkin Aydın works at Batman University as the head of the painting department. He is the President of the Mesopotamia Culture, Art and Thinking Association in Diyarbakir, and he directs Bat Art Lab in Batman.
In his works he mostly focuses on urbanism, disCommunication, collective memories, stories of civilians' survival strategies during the wars. He has participated in and curated many exhibitions, workshops, residencies and biennials in different countries. Some of his solo and curated exhibitions are about urbanism;
- 10/2012 "RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RELOCALIZATION", Diyarbakir, Turkey.
- 04/2012 "Masters of Home, Masters of Exile", Berlin Germany.
- 06/2013 "Inspired By The City", Terni Italy.
- 09/2014 "Anonymous Lives", Batman, Turkey.
- 08/2012 "City as a Home", Polymer Gallery, Tallinn, Estonia
- 112/2011 "In The Homy Space; Relocalization", Czech Republic.
- 05/2011 "Take Care of You", Diyarbakir, Turkey
- 01/2011 "Once Upon a Time At Home" Curator's Home. Diyarbakir, Turkey