Monday, August 15. 2011
In Germany the biggest nationwide daily newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung published following article on the 7th August 2011: BLNRB in Süddeutsche Zeitung
Also the German magazine for music and pop culture Spex talked in July 2011 with one of the founders of the BLNRB project, Andi Teichmann, about his "Madhouse" experience:
BLNRB on Spex Magazine
Unfortunately these articles are in German. For more press material visit Outhere Records or stay tuned on this blog!
Tuesday, August 9. 2011
Finally, the CD BLNRB - Welcome to the Madhouse got released on 7th July 2011!
From early 2009 to 2011, three bands from the world-renowned Berlin electronic music scene and some of the best bands and musicians from Nairobi engaged in an intense music project. Two studios were established in a townhouse in Nairobi, where all BLNRB artists worked, performed and lived together. After concerts in Nairobi and Berlin, the long awaited CD is out!
The album features 18 original recordings - as diverse as the more than 20 artists involved. This album bridges the gap and opens a path into a new global clubsound. It is about digging deep into the local Berlin and Nairobi music scenes, building a new urban sound together with some amazing talents from the next generation of African musicians.
The album is released on Outhere Records and available in music stores as well as iTunes and Amazon. Soon it will also be available in Kenya!
1) Goldbreaks Variation - Mr. Abbas, Kimya, Lon'Jon, Teichmann
2) Madhouse - Nazizi, Sasha Perera, Mr. Abbas, Jahcoozi
3) Dirty Laundry - Mr. Abbas, Lon'Jon, Kimya, Teichmann
4) Msoto Millions - Ukoo Flani, Jahcoozi
5) Very Necessary - Necessary Noize, Teichmann
6) Room For Me - Just A Band, Lisa Oduor Noah, Jahcoozi
7) Ma Bhoom Bhoom Bhoom - Ukoo Flani, Radi, Jahcoozi
8) Everyday Without You - Alai K, Teichmann
9) Living Room - Ukoo Flani, Dogs, Teichmann
10) Monkeyflip - Nazizi, Mr. Abbas, Modeselektor
11) Goldbreaks - Mr. Abbas, Lon'jon, Kimya, Teichmann
12) Take It Higher - Little King, Robo, Jahcoozi
13) Kumbuka - Michel Ongaro, Mr. Abbas, Jahcoozi
14) Richie Interlude - Ukoo Flani, Teichmann
15) Kibera Benga - Maasai Mbili, William Wawero, Modeselektor, Just A Band
16) Away - Michel Ongaro, Jahcoozi, Teichmann, Just A Band
17) Zamaney - Ukoo Flani, Jahcoozi
18) Whateverman Dub - Ukoo Flani, Teichmann
Friday, April 2. 2010
YEAH!!!! The Massai Mbilli artists finally found a space in Kibera, were we can do a party together next tuesday the 5th. We are going to play in front of the church from 15h, together with the massai mbilli art collective. be there or be square....
a visit of a couple of Percussionists and Michele, the blind guitar player and singer.
Some exciting recordings and jams happened today. Including a spaced out Dubsession with Michele.
And finally Sasha is on the way to the airport to pick up Gerriet, who is arriving from Berlin today...
Thursday, April 1. 2010
After the Ableton live Workshop we did at Goethe Institut today, we went to the SLUM-TV Screening at Mathare. Slum TV is an independend TV Station runned by the people from the Slums, that shows everyday days life and the latest news of the neighbour hood.
Every two weeks there is a public screening with some hundred people, watching the latest documentations and soap dramas by Slum TV filmmakers. What a crazy expierence. A big party with music and dancers. and a lot of kids freaking out, when they see their neighbourhood or people they know on the screen.
if you have time, check out the slum tv activities. they do a great work here...
Monday, March 29. 2010
Before the Modeselektors went back to the Airport to catch their flight back to Berlin this night, they were recording like crazy: Nazizi, Abbas, Lon Jon, Kimya and P.o.P. were on the microphones and everybody was completly hypnoticed by Gernot and Sharis weird beats. Can´t wait to hear the finished tracks...
Meanwhile the rest of us visited the Massai Mbilli Art Center at the Kibera Slums to set up a Party with
them next week.